Tags: Religious Building.
Fineshade Priory was a priory of Augustinian Canons Regular in Northamptonshire England. It was founded before 1208 by Richard Engayne (Engain) Lord of Blatherwycke on the site of a small castle and dissolved in 1536.The buildings were granted to Lord Russell 1541/2. Sir Robert Kirkham bought it in 1545 and converted the west range into a country residence which was demolished along with the remains of the priory in 1749.A house was subsequently built on the site but demolished in 1956.